Dear Friends and Family,
Thank you to all of those who made it to Gayook’s Memorial. We really appreciate you attending! It was so exciting to see all the people she spoke about gathered together and for some, finally meeting one another!
And for those who couldn’t make it, we know you carry her in your hearts. We have enclosed the recording of her celebration as well as some other materials referenced during the memorial.
We have included:
- Recording of Gayook’s Celebration of Life
- Participants’ Chat Log
- Playlist of music during the presentation
- Links to the articles she wrote for Psychology Today.
- Memorial Page – https://www.inmemori.com/gwong-u12rl/tab-memories
- Link to GoFundMe to give to a charity working with Deep Trauma Patients. https://gofund.me/c231e4bc
Follow the link and download the file to your computer. It’s a large file and we hope it works for you.
MEMORIAL MUSIC PLAYLIST
- Unchained Melody – Priscilla Ahn, Inga Roberts, Wendy Wang
- Can’t Help Falling in Love With You – Elvis Presley
- Over The Rainbow – Israel Kamakawiwo’ole
- Breathe – Sweet Honey in the Rock
- Wanting Memories – Keali’i Reichel
This article basically turned out to be Gayook’s personal experience with racial targeting throughout childhood and its impact on her life even now. https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/facing-trauma-together/202106/the-model-minority-the-psychology-asian-american-racism